Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Mommy, WOW! I'm a Big Kid Now :)

Since little sister will be here in about 2 months, Mommy and Daddy decided that there should only be 1 person wearing diapers in our family, so it was time for me to get potty trained!  I knew that I was ready - I did just turn the big 2.  Last month, they tried putting me on the potty, just to make sure that I wasn't scared.  As you can see from the picture, I was very happy to be sitting on the big boy potty.  I was mad when they took me off.
Over Labor Day weekend, we tested our luck using the 3 Day Potty Training method (http://www.3daypottytraining.com/).  Day 1 was very exhausting, but I started to catch on in the afternoon.  Day 2, I did much better and only had 3 accidents.  Day 3, I think I got the hang of it.  I am hit and miss waking up in the morning dry (about 50/50), and I probably have less than 1 accident each day.

Yesterday, we went to church - the first time I have been out of the house since I was potty trained.  Mommy and Daddy were very nervous so they packed 2 extra sets of underwear and an extra pair of pants.  I went twice and didn't have any accidents (at least, in my pants).  The first time I went, Daddy had taken off my shoes, pants, and underwear, and while I was sitting on the toilet, I decided to take off my socks, and throw them into the toilet!  Let's just say I wore my shoes without socks yesterday (and Mommy will pack extra socks in the future).
 
I'M A BIG BOY NOW!

6 comments:

Little Beachs said...

WahoO! Enjoy the next two months of no diapers!!

Suzi said...

Woohooo! Lucas, you are an awesome kid!

Suzi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lizzy said...

Jealous. My three year old is fighting tooth and nail for his diapers. Good Job.

OLIVERSONFAM said...

WAY TO GO LUCAS!!