As most of you know, we were approved to adopt again this past December. We were so blessed to be able to adopt our little Lucas, our miracle #1. We knew right away that we wanted him to have a sibling close in age so we applied for adoption right after his first birthday.
As part of the adoption process this go around, we had to provide a letter from our fertility doctor stating our chances of conception. It wasn't news to us when he checked the box that said we had a LESS THAN 15% chance of conceiving WITH all of the fertility treatments. We've known this for a few years, which is why we KNEW that adoption was the path for us to take. We are so grateful for Miss Amanda and that through her, our dreams of becoming parents finally came true! We know that Lucas coming into our lives was a true miracle, which brings us to...
MIRACLE #2
We're expecting!!! You can imagine the shock we both experienced when we found out that we were pregnant! Needless to say, we've taken almost 20 pregnancy tests over the past few months just to make sure this is real! (LOL) We still are amazed when it says "pregnant".
Baby #2 is due to arrive on November 19th and we are thrilled to pieces. We've had two ultrasounds and have heard the heartbeat twice now... AMAZING! Lucas can't wait to meet his little brother or little sister and he loves to kiss the baby every day - sometimes the baby is in daddy's tummy though, LOL!




11 comments:
Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you both!! I have heard so many stories of couples not being able to have babies and after they adopt they magically get pregnant. I can't even tell you how excited I am for you to experience both of your miracles!! Congratulations!
Congrats James and Heather that is so exciting!!
That is truly a miracle. I am so excited for you! And November 19th is my birthday :)
There are some angels watching over you. I am so excited for your family!!!!! And thanks for finally announcing it!
That is so amazing!! So happy for you guys! I'll keep you and your sweet #2 in my prayers.
You don't know me (I'm Megan Rees sister) but I had to check this out as we have a similar infertility story and ended up with 3 kids we weren't supposed to be able to have. Congratulations to you! It's so exciting and shocking and fabulous. Happy beginnings are the best!
I'm sooo happy for you and James, Heather!!! This is such awesome news! :) I pray the baby will be healthy, happy and a perfect combination of the two of you. Do you know what sex it is yet? Be sure to let us know!
Love you guys! :)
You already know that I am BEYOND THRILLED!! I am SO EXCITED for you guys! I couldn't sleep most the night after you told me I was SO EXCITED!! You both make the BEST PARENTS and I know that you will make the CUTEST Babies!
YAY for MIRACLES!!
We are so excited for you guys. It's so crazy awesome. I can't wait to meet this little one.
Oh my gosh, that is such amazing news!!! We are so happy for you guys! Congratulations!!!!!!!
Seriously so awesome! I hope you're feeling better.
Post a Comment